The B.R.E.A.D. Program is a plan to read the entire Bible through in one year! Participants read about 4-6 chapters per day. It requires discipline and consistency. Not to mention perseverance and determination to continue in times when you get behind! But by the end of the year, you'll have a better connection and understanding of God's Word. You'll know the settings, the stories, the characters and the teachings.
Here are some tips to remember:
1) Stay up-to-date! Use the B.R.E.A.D. calendar checklist (Contact Mark Koogler II for your copy).
2) Schedule a routine time to read! Is it easier to read in the mornings? at lunch break? or right before bed? Whatever you choose, stick to it!
3) Get ahead! Use any down time to read a few more chapters to go further than required. Certainly, there will be days (maybe weeks!) of getting behind!
4) Faith comes by hearing! Many smartphones have Bible apps with audio! Use your time in the car to listen to your Bible!
5) Catch up! Don't get discouraged! Everyone gets behind at some point in the year. Make a plan to get back on track. It could be as simple as adding one additional chapter per day or you may need a marathon reading day! However you decide to catch up, it will be worth it in the end!
6) Four "Square Meals" a Day! Because some days only require three chapters, if you read just FOUR CHAPTERS PER DAY, you will FINISH EARLY!
7) If you're too far behind to catch up, just try to read the required chapters for the upcoming month. Thirty days of Bible reading will be good for you! And you'll still get a "star" for the monthly B.R.E.A.D. report for that month!
For more information, contact Mark Koogler II at (937) 305-9056.